WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A MEMBER OF A FAST GROWING, EMPOWERING AND VISIONARY WOMEN’S COMMUNITY?
We invite women aged 18 years and over to become members of our growing community of empowered world-changing women.
The main question that we get asked by potential members is, what’s in it for me?
Understandably, if you are going to pay membership you want to know that you are going to get value, right?
Well, for a moment we want you to reverse that question around. We want you to ask yourself, ‘What can I give?’
The reason that we are saying that is that too often we view life from a ‘receive’ perspective and not enough from a ‘give’ perspective. By doing this, we miss out on the joy principle – the joy of giving.
So to satisfy your curiousity, let us tell you what you would be giving into, then we can let you know what you might expect to receive in return.
- An association that has at its heart the agenda to help women to find and take the next step in their journey fearlessly and with confidence and courage.
- An association with a world vision, to be known as an empowering women’s organisation that provides mentoring and support programs that add value to women’s lives.
- An association where our mandate is that ‘no woman is a wallflower’ and that every woman has a place and can make a contribution and receive what they need.
- An association where we have a team of professional and community women who are serving the Association, leading by example, giving their time and expertise to help you as a woman to prosper in your life through the sharing of wisdom and knowledge.
- An association where there is a level playing field, with no divas, just a humble team spirit, where jealousy and the tall poppy syndrome are discouraged, but helping each woman to shine is encouraged.
Our Vision for the Future
We currently have on our table some rather large future projects, but to get these up, we need support from a community of women who believe in our vision and mission.
For example, we are considering the following:
- An 8 day Media and Communications Skill Development National Conference for Emerging Leaders, where we will bring emerging leaders from around Australia together to upskill them so they can get their message out there. This will include filming a documentary about 40 women’s journey to find their National voice and will culminate in an opportunity to step up to the natural window and to speak out your vision for this nation. This day will be filmed and included in the documentary. Further, as part of the week, stories will be compiled to create a book(s) full of women’s wisdom. From this event, we hope to then send these women back into their communities where they can use and share their skills and knowledge gained at this conference, effectively starting a ripple effect around our nation. Also, from this conference we hope to birth WCI groups in each capital city of Australia, achieving our National growth goal within five years.
- A work cooperative for stay at home mothers where we help to start micro businesses where women can share care and work together cooperatively to create personal financial independence. We have identified that women who have children and stay-at-home mothers, often feel frustrated by not having their own money and are often prohibited from returning to the workforce because of their caring responsibilities. We would also provide mentoring and future planning to assist them to keep their skills alive and have a return to work pathway if this is what they desire. We are also considering adding an agency social enterprise arm to our organisation that will provide working women with pathways into education, employment or self-employment.
- A 100 Women: 100 Wisdom Projects campaign to encourage 100 women to start legacy projects that pass on the wisdom from one generation to the next. We recognise that due to the breakdown in our communities, wisdom can get lost and want to encourage women to record their wisdom or to pass on their culture from one generation to the next. So we are challenging women to think of new and creative ways to increase intergenerational participation and sharing of wisdom.
- Online and Offline Coaching Groups to help women to address life issues and develop themselves across a range of topics including financial independence, self-confidence, family life, relationships, health and wellness.
- The Women of Spirit Awards program, that recognises women who are making a contribution and inspiring other women.
- Discover Yourself Women’s Retreat Program, a progressive five sessions retreat personal development program where you discover yourself, how you fit into life, where you can connect, how you can build relationships and how you can manage yourself so you can go the distance.
We are also running the following programs in 2017:
- The Girlfriend Club, monthly social gatherings to provide social support and encouragement to women.
- The Personal Challenge Quest, an opportunity to set yourself a big goal and to gather support from our community of women.
- The Women Speak Out Forums, a bi-annual forum where women can share their thoughts across a range of topics.
- Annual International Women’s Day Event, a celebration of International Women’s Day
See the tab The Girlfriend Club for a full list of our social events for 2017.
For us to achieve our goals, we need a team of women who believe in the vision and who will invest in our future.
For those visionary and willing women, we offer the following rewards:
- The opportunity to have a HUGE impact on other women’s lives through your participation and contribution to our positive community
- Inclusion on our Foundational Members Honour Roll, which will be added to our website over the coming months
- The opportunity to receive our value-packed Bi-Monthly Newsletter, full of helpful information and what’s going on at WCI
- Immediate access to our Women Can Facebook Mentoring Group where our panel of experts are available to offer mentoring support, share their knowledge, and wisdom
- The opportunity to advertise on our website in our Members Only Directory
- Early notification about our events and discount on any associated fees
- The opportunity to participate in the committee, to vote at meetings and to contribute to the future planning and future direction of the organisation
- The opportunity to help us create a self-sustaining Non-Government Organisation that offers programs that enhance women’s lives locally, nationally and internationally
- Access to Member Only events, like our Know Grow Glow Mentoring Program for Women
As a Foundational Member, you will be a forerunner for women, joining an amazing community of women who are passionate about changing the landscape for women globally.
Investment: For the first 12 months only, $97.
Membership fees fall due in April of each year and are valid for 12 months. Membership fees must be paid within 7 days of the anniversary date of membership to maintain continuous membership. Members that join part way through the year will be charged a pro-rata fee, with the fee payable for the full month of the start date until end of March of the following year.
To become a member, simply click here to download the form. Please complete the membership form, scan and email to members at womencaninternational.com. To pay your subscription, please click on the red button “Click here to become a member”.
All membership applications are tabled at the next meeting and you will be contacted once your membership has been approved, with details of how to be included in our Members Only directory and Facebook Support group.
Our best intention is to make your time with Women Can International Inc a very motivating and positive experience. If you have any issues at all about your experience, please contact our Member Care and Development Officer, Tracy Scott, via email. Tracy would love to help you work through any problems associated with WCI.