Women Can International Inc was founded by Hayley Solich in 2007.
As the Editor of Pearl’s Women’s Magazine, Hayley was invited to speak at a Women’s Meeting on the topic of “She Turns Her Can’ts Into Cans”. As Hayley was driving home from the event, the name Women Can got stuck in her head and she recognised that this message that women can do anything if they choose to, seemed like a really important message.
Hayley then gathered together a team of volunteers to form a committee and Women Can International Inc was birthed.
8 months after inception, Hayley was featured on the front page of the Joondalup Community Newspaper group (Image to the left). Receiving 55 phone calls from women over the next three weeks, Hayley arranged a meeting at the Dome Cafe in Ocean Reef. Literally, overnight the Association grew rapidly and was able to accomplish a lot in a very short period of time.
With premiere programs such as:
* The Girlfriend Cub – a monthly networking gathering of women where we met in coffee shops, taverns, homes to enjoy a meal, a cuppa or a good old pampering evening! We even spent New Year’s Eve ushering it in a hot spa sharing vision one year. Lots of empowering connections and fun.
* The Woman of influence Awards Program – a recognition program that honoured women who were influential in the community.
* International Women’s Day events – including a Multicultural Breakfast at Fraser’s Restaurant and the Petticoats & Pearls Intergenerational Women’s Celebration in the Swan Valley where we saw women of all ages parade their outfits, enjoy some community dancing, feast on delicous scones all in a beautiful English-styled garden.
* Women Speak Out Forums – such as the Discover Your Passion Forum at Joondalup Arena and the Resilience Forum in Dianella where women shared their stories and inspired others.
* Personal Challenge Quest – including the Commando Kick Butt Challenge 12 week Health and Wellness Challenge where a group of ladies met up weekly to slog it out in the park with our very own ex-millitary trainer, Geoff Quinsee and also received nutrition and counselling support. The 11km walk from Hillaries to Burns Beach was an amazing experience with all the girls.
* Social Media Mentoring Program – sharing knowledge and skills for online networking, we ran weekly sessions via Skype to help those who were not as familiar with online practices.
Our I C A N Philosophy…
Inspiring others through your Integrity
Inspirational speakers are great, but also the greatest influencers are those people and girlfriends around us that have stepped out of their comfort zones and evolved to a new level of confidence or achievement of goals or authenticity. Through Woman Can you can become a woman of influence through supporting the group or an event or one another. Influence can range from standing up in front of a few hundred people to speaking informally to a small group or having a few words of encouragement or validation for someone you’ve just met.
The power of choice
Women of today have many more choices and options open to them than previous generations, but it can be a tremendous challenge attempting to be it all, do it all yourself and stay in touch with everyone who is important and not so important to you. Yes, you can do anything, but can you really do everything? And how successfully can you remain connected to everyone? WCI aims to guide you in managing the expectations of yourself and others; deciding where to best focus your attention, energies and time; recognising the value of both giving AND receiving; an introductory discussion on how your life & relationships can become better interconnected by using online technology so together women can be more powerful and influential than ever before.
Your attitude to living and confidently achieving your dreams
You can do anything, but not everything, so what somethings do you wish to create and prioritise within your life? Further, what excuses are you making that prevent you from doing the things that are really the most important to you right now? WCI aims to help women to choose their attitude towards living and to become more confident in pursuing their dreams. Sometimes the answers to these questions come from within, but often they are influenced by the shared knowledge and wisdom of others. Attitude in this instance is about confidently knowing where or how you want to take your next step in your life journey.
Building bridges of mutual support & contribution
In these modern times of commuting, the pressures of work, the breakdown in many family units, socially sterile suburban living & the widespread movement of people from their local hometowns or moving countries, it can be difficult maintaining friendships & the necessary support structures to thrive. WCI aims to bridge that gap with opportunities to connect women to women with various interests and at different stages of their life & different levels of experience. The goal being mutual growth, a natural sense of belonging, necessary for every individual and an enhanced level of interdependence.
If you would like to find out more, call Chairperson, Hayley Solich on 0402 040 008 or email us.